Quote of The Day

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Squeezed out

This is an acrylic I did a while back called " Squeezed Out"

It's funny how the titles and images appear out of the blue. Speaking of which the colors in this photo aren't true to the painting. The bottom has a more purple hue. In fact I was planning on making changes because it looks too dark on the wall.

Who are these characters, why is one being squeezed out? Maybe if I stare at it long enough, I will find the answers. It's most hypnotic staring at a painting, wondering what it needs and what it's trying to say!  Unfortunately staring at a picture is my only form of meditation, probably because it's the only way to quiet my very active mind.

Funny how the one being "squeezed out" looks bitchy. Ha, maybe she's going through menopause! One thing I know for sure, I can wipe  paint that bitchy look right off her face if I want!! lol  We'll see what happens.....

I have too many unhappy paintings laying around lately that need an overhaul with a good coat of Gesso and a new perspective!! I'll take photos before I cover them up!

7 comments:

Sandee said...

I know absolutely nothing about art. I appreciate those that are artsy as I don't have a crafty bone in my body. To me these look like bugs with human faces. See? I just proved what I don't know.

Have a terrific day. :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

kind of looks tribal

Queen-Size funny bone said...

kind of looks tribal...

Queen-Size funny bone said...

kind of looks tribal...

Diane said...

HI Giggles! I just found you through Whimsical Folk artist's blog--so glad I did---I LOVE your style--Love IT!!

dreamhead said...

I love it....the colours are so vibrant, and....it kind of looks tribal lol. hehehehe, it is very playful, and I don't even think she looks bitchy, just thoughtful.

Lucy said...

this does look tribal to me too.
i just love how prolific u are miss giggles! and ALL this blogging is making me wish I would have kept up with mine too! I love reading yours so much! xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...