Quote of The Day

Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Creative Pumpkin


The next few weeks it's time to celebrate Halloween. Almost thirty years ago now, my partner brought me the biggest pumpkin in the grocery store. He could barely lift it. Thats when I got a brainstorm to create a Garfield face on my pumpkin. I fashioned my own template and carved it. Neighbourhood kids screamed down the street with glee in adoration of my pumpkin. It was such a thrill for me to see so many excited kids. Those were the days when we handed out full size chocolate bars too.Garfield became my tradition, years later Pepper came into the picture and I started carving them for her. People came to expect their presence every Halloween, often taking pictures and asking for instructions to recreate them. I made quick templates so they could enjoy in the spirit of Garfield the pumpkin! Because everyone has had such joy from my pumpkins over the years I thought I'd share the template a week ahead so you would have a chance share in my special pumpkin. I've participated in haunted houses, gone to parties or done a parade of the lost souls for the past few years and haven't carved any pumpkins, this year Pepper has requested we do some. We'll see! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the orginal giant pumpkin, but I suggest when picking a pumpkin for garfield you find a fairly squat one to get the look. If thats not possible its fine to use the one you already have. These are a few picture from over the years, I am going to root up a few more to post if I can.

7 comments:

paris parfait said...

Those are the cutest pumpkins I've ever seen! Adorable Garfield! Well done, you talented woman, you!

KaiBlue said...

those are just fun! I opened up your blog and started laughing, you have such talent..oh, oh and I love the witch on the plate too..
Peace, Kai.

Mary Bee said...

That is over the top creative. OMG you have made history here. WOW, kid or not I'd be screaming with glee too if I was walking down the street. So great.

So, yes, you won, so go cruise through my blog and see what you want. Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

hey Girl..love um, they are the best, never really liked the other styles..lol they are definetly you..!!..cause they make you want to giggle..:)..m

Anonymous said...

so cute! Amazing they look the same inspite of the shape of the pumpkins!

Pam Aries said...

THese are Soo cute! What a great idea! But hey ..you can still do the challenge...come on.. this one's on paper!

Lisa said...

lol awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...